Interesting Facts About Wine
People are very familiar to different grapes, wine types, the wine making and aging processes, they know very well how to pair it with food. But there are some strange and interesting facts, that you should know more about them before you raise your glass. Besides being one of the best and favored alcoholic beverage wine has the funny and humorous side, that will bring smile on your face. And you will enjoy drinking with your friends. That’s why I picked up the most fun and interesting things and facts about your favorite drink and made this list.
- From the grapes grown on one acre 800 gallons of wine is produced.
- Study conducted in Italy witnessed, that women drinking 2 glasses of wine each day are more sexy and active in bed, compared to women who don’t drink.
- Women who are in their reproductive ages have better developed sense of smell, so they can taste wine with the smell better than men can do.
- People who visit Germany’s Historisches Museum der Pfalz have the possibility to see the “ancient” wine bottle, that was discovered in Germany’s little town Speyer in A.D 325.
- The European Union has adopted the law about sparkling wines. This law foresees that wine produced outside France won’t be labeled as “champagne”.
- Wine labels that have the animal illustrations are called critter wines.
- In wine tasting vocabulary the word “Aroma” is used for identifying the scent of grapes, while word “Bouquet” refers to the wine scent. But in case when you want to describe these 2 scents together, then you should use the word “Nose”.
- In early years Romanian women were punished with death penalty if they drank wine. Husbands had the right to kill them, if they saw wives drinking wine.
- The first wine drinking illustration is called Standard of Ur. And it’s found on Sumerian panel. It is 5 thousand years old.